Saturday, June 9, 2007

It was serrated

Moving to the west coast, at least at my stage of life, precludes taking furniture with you. So when TCH San Fran and I loaded up our Door to Door container last week and sent it off to San Francisco, we didn't include any furniture other than our desk chair and our coatrack (hey, they fit!). Door to Door seems great so far, but I will be very happy to have the rest of my clothes back on June 21st, since right now I'm just mixing and matching the same six things over and over.



Ever since then, I've been trying to sell the rest of our stuff. Several items have sold already, and today I'm holding a moving sale in our apartment. I've arrayed a wide variety of high-quality, good value items (aka things I want to get rid of ASAP) in my store's display area (aka my living room), and have labeled them with reasonable prices (aka prices that will get people to buy stuff and take it away). I am hoping to be done with this wacky process after today.

A woman showed up this morning to pick up our bed (mattress, boxspring, and frame). As she walked in the door, she said, "I brought a bunch of rope with me, but I'm going to need your knife if we want to get this over with fast."

Once I figured out what she meant, I gave her a knife to use to cut lengths of rope for tying the mattress to the roof of her car -- but I gave her the dull, serrated one!

No comments: